Thousands of geeks are about to descend on San Diego for Comic-Con 2013, aka Nerd Christmas. Joining them will be thousands of poseurs who recently hopped on the geek bandwagon. (They wear "Thundercats" T-shirts, but they can't even name the town that the creator of "Thundercats" was born in!)
Nothing brings out Nerd Rage like a phony. Unlike real rage, Nerd Rage never leads to violence, just a long-winded rant about continuity or power levels or...whatever, it's easy enough to walk away from, although pretty fun to incite. Here are some choice lines for trolling 'em into Nerd Anarchy.
1. "Wait, was Batman created by DC or Marvel?"
2. "Is Superman that guy from 'Smallville'?"
3. "Man, I wish the NFL had a convention like this."
4. "'Avatar' rocked!"
5. "Yeah, I played with action figures as a kid. You know, when you're supposed to play with them."
6. "I found 'Battlestar Galactica' to be confusing."
7. "All of the female X-Men are busted."
8. "Where's the 'Twilight' table?"
9. "Every 'Transformers' movie was perfect."
10. "'Game Of Thrones' sucks."