Last week, most Jewish people celebrated Hanukkah by going to temple, lighting menorahs, opening presents and possibly listening to Adam Sandler’s “Hanukkah Song” on repeat. But for other people, those things are just way too traditional and boring, which is why only the manliest of men have decided to wear their Jewish pride on their sleeves and get inked up with Hanukkah-inspired tattoos.
We scoured the Internet for the best of them and, while there are plenty of simple stars of David tattoos floating around (boring), we prefer the guys who go all out and come up with the weirdest possible designs. To celebrate the eight days of Hannukah, here are eight of our favorite Hanukkah and Jewish-inspired tattoos. And by favorite, we mean the worst of the worst. Mazel tov!
1. Is this kosher?
2. When playing dreidel gets ugly
3. We guess this is supposed to be funny?
4. The most uncomfortably-placed menorah on Earth
Credit: Michael Bettinger
5. The kosher little piggy
Credit: Justin Dawson
6. Yes, it’s a star of David, but it’s a head tat AND this is Boy George.
Credit: Dave Hogan/Getty Images
7. You can’t take the Jewish out of the man
8. And one of Adam Sandler, just for kicks
Credit: Arte Tattoo