It’s tough to compete with “Fearless” Felix Baumgartner, who leaped 23 miles from space recently, but we’ve got nine other solid candidates for Biggest Badass of 2012. They include athletes, people who came face to face with aquatic beasts looking for a snack and a rapper who taught a burglar that he broke into the wrong f***ing home.
Some candidates unexpectedly met danger, others invited it. All the candidates appear below because they didn’t cower in fear and cry for mommy. One or two may have peed their pants, but remember that’s a natural bodily reaction. Meet the top 10 below badasses below and then crown one of them below.
1. Felix Baumgartner for jumping from 120,000 feet above Earth
Photo: Red Bull Media
2. Mountain biker who recorded an insane run down a rocky trail
3. 12-year-old skateboarder who nailed the first clean 1080
4. 17-year-old who fed an alligator his arm in order to escape death
Photo: ABC News
5. LL Cool J for beating the crap out of a burglar
Credit: Michael Buckner/Getty Images
6. Rugby player who stayed in game after rupturing a testicle
Jan Kruger/Getty Images
7. Paraplegic man who dragged himself four miles in cold desert to safety
Photo: Christian Science Monitor/Getty Images
8. Man with a bionic leg who climbed a Chicago skyscraper
9. One-armed Australian woman who won International Pole Dance Championship
10. Knife-wielding kitesurfer who stabbed sharks to survive Red Sea
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BADASS
Big & Best of 2012: A Year End Celebration Presented by T-Mobile goes LIVE at 12pm on 12/12/12. Watch at www.bigandbestof2012.com for 8 hours of LIVE performances by Grace Potter, Metric, Alt-J, Thompson Square, First Aid Kit and Dustin Lynch; surprise guest appearances, prize giveaways, special editions of Rapfix Live, Big Morning Buzz Live, MTV News After Hours, You Oughta Know and much more!