MTV Clutch is officially starting its Best of 2011 coverage today. It may feel a little early, but trust us, we have a lot of things to cover before New Year’s Day. Don’t worry, that doesn’t mean we’ll be replacing the content you’ve come to know and love us for publishing. Our lists don’t rank stereotypical subjects like best music albums, movies, TV shows, etc. of the year. We’re tackling the offbeat subjects we love, which often go ignored by media’s year-end criticism.
To give you an idea of what to expect from Clutch’s Best of 2011 coverage–we’re kicking things off with one of our favorite punching bags this year, LeBron James. After taking an hour of ESPN’s time to announce his “Decision” (capital ‘D’, natch) to play for the Miami Heat and breaking every Clevelander’s heart, LeBron and his highly-touted Big Three cohorts (Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh) became WWE-esque bad guys of the NBA. LeBron’s play and behavior made him especially perfect as the butt-end of many, many jokes. What better way to highlight a man’s failure than to make fun of it? Here are our favorite 10 jokes about LeBron James from this year.
10. What does LeBron James have in common with a fabric store?
Neither carries any hardware.
9. How do you know if you’ve found LeBron’s lost cell phone?
It vibrates and makes calls, but doesn’t have a ring.
8. Why are Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh taking CPR classes?
LeBron has a habit of choking.
7. Why did LeBron James get an automatic transmission in his Lamborghini?
He’s terrified of clutch time.
6. What’s the difference between the planet Saturn and LeBron James?
They’re both big and full of gas, but Saturn has rings.
5. Have you heard about the new McBrons at McDonald’s?
If you buy one, you’re guaranteed to choke.
4. How do you know when it’s LeBron’s birthday?
Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.
3. Why shouldn’t you ask LeBron to change a dollar?
He’ll only give you three quarters.
2. Why didn’t LeBron go to college?
Dude hates the finals.
1. Why can’t LeBron finish his autobiography?
He’s still stuck on the title.
Photo: Getty Images
+ Check out all of our Best of 2011 coverage