Love stinks sometimes, but that doesn’t stop anyone from trying to find it. Relationships are no easier in Hollywood, with its big egos, cross-country schedules and TMZ, than in the real world. It was an up and down year for celebrity relationships, with former “Newlyweds” Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey both getting engaged again, and what seemed like a stalwart couple, Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds, calling it quits.
The good news is, there’s some mighty fine women back on the market, although some of the upper-echelon hotties like Reese Witherspoon, who just got engaged, are no longer available. So for those of you with the mojo to pull it off, and the rest of you who are probably just curious, check out 11 ladies who went on the market in 2010 and 11 ladies who came off.
ON THE MARKET
1. Rihanna: Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp just struck out with the hip-hop princess.
3. Vanessa Hudgens: It’s all over between her and Zac Efron, but “it’s nothing dramatic.”
4. Kelly Osbourne: Back in July she called off her engagement with male model Luke Worrall because he cheated.
5. Carey Mulligan: Carey and Shia LaBeouf split in October, maybe because she could never imagine taking his last name.
6. Evan Rachel Wood: Her engagement with Marilyn Manson is off.
7. Halle Berry: Catwoman broke up with Gabriel Aubry earlier this year.
8. Courteney Cox: The star of “Cougar Town” is now separated from husband David Arquette. She’s not back on the market yet, but she must have some friends in Cougar Town.
9. Blake Lively: She and Penn Badgley are over, but gals like Blake don’t stay single long.
10. Eva Longoria: After an unpleasant split with Spurs star Tony Parker, there’s sure to be a rebound in her near future. Get it?
11. Christina Aguilera: Divorced from Jordan Bratman in October, she has one child and is into burlesque.
OFF THE MARKET
1. Natalie Portman: This beautiful, smart Black Swan is recently engaged and pregnant, but not in that order.
2. Reese Witherspoon: The lovely, walking romantic comedy got engaged this week to Jim Toth.
3. Vanessa Minnillo: Nick Lachey will give marriage another go, and there’s absolutely no way he got Vanessa’s monstrous ring at Jared.
4. Jessica Simpson: Recently engaged to former NFL tight end Eric Johnson and you better believe she’ll get a prenup.
5. Lily Allen: It was a very Merry Christmas for the 25-year-old musician who got engaged to Sam Cooper on the 25th.
6. Taylor Swift: Something just seems a bit odd here, but she and Jake Gyllenhaal are still going strong and “in love.” At worst, this will give Taylor material for a sad song next year.
7. Rachel Bilson: After calling off the engagement, she’s back together with Hayden Christensen.
8. Zoe Saldana: The “Avatar” blue beauty is now engaged to longtime boyfriend Keith Britton.
9. Crystal Harris: As in, the gorgeous blonde Playmate who’s now engaged to 84-year-old Hugh Hefner.