We love Halloween costumes that come in pairs. Wayne and Garth, Watson and Crick, Beavis and Butt-head. And with the boys headed back to MTV, there’s not a better costume this Halloween than a DIY B and B. Not only will it allow you and a friend (we’re assuming you have a friend) to pay your respects to a classic ‘toon, but it’ll give you a chance to bust out that amazing cornholio impression you’ve spent so many years perfecting. Or was that just us?
So, this is how you pull off a Beavis and Butt-head impersonation that doesn’t suck (heh heh heh, we said “suck”):
1. The pièce de résistance of both lads’ outfits are their T-shirts. For Beavis, a blue tee with the Metallica logo, and for Butt-head, a dark gray AC/DC shirt. You can’t buy them ready-made, so fashion them yourself with iron-ons, colored duct tape or puffy fabric paint. Make sure to add pizza stains.
2. You’ll also need shorts. Gray for Beavis and red for Butt-head. Clearly, both boys are above petty fashion concerns, like matching, or, you know, looking presentable.
3. Hair: Brown, high and combed back for Butt-head; blond, puffy and curly for Beavis. A combination of colored hair spray and careful coifing should help you achieve the appropriate look.
4. Black sneakers and white socks pushed all the way down to your ankles are a must for both guys.
5. As Beavis, pull your T-shirt up over your head and walk around repeating the phrase, “I am Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole!” We should mention that you should not have dignity if you’re going to dress up as Beavis.
6. As Butt-head, walk around throwing the sign of the horns, staring at the upper torsos of various females and stopping occasionally to repeat, “Uh … huh huh huh. Huh huh huh huh huh.” Ditto on the dignity.
7. Play air guitar, badly, and a lot.
8. Repeat the BFFs’ most in-depth conversation:
Butt-head: “I like to blow up lizards”
Beavis: “Uh, heh heh heh, yeah, and I like to burn things”
9. The dudes’ favorite food is nachos, so eat a lot. They also like puke, so feel free to do that too.
There you have it!